Wednesday, August 17, 2016

How to prepare soil for terrace garden

How to prepare soil for terrace garden

Growing organic vegetables need a lot of patience and hard work, especially when you don't want to spend a lot of money on buying the processed soil mix.

Then the only option left is to prepare your own soil. I tried the same with kitchen waste, dry leaves and cow dung. I have collected the vegetable market waste i.e. cauliflower leaves which are thrown from K R Puram market. I have collected it at high quantity. I also collected some cow dung. Mixed these two and left for few days covering it with soil. After a week the compost was little prepared. that I have spread in the containers and filled the top with soil.

Earlier for the first container, I have used rice straw and covered it with soil. I added one kg of vermi-compost. That grew a good quantity of earth worms. Now I have sufficient earth worms. A little quantity of the earth worms are being transferred to the new container as well. This way I have prepared my soil.

This is how it looks now. And I have planted some mint and spinach.



No comments:

Post a Comment